The emerging bioeconomy is moving from research niche to market norm and Europe needs to maintain its current global leadership. The update of the EU Bioeconomy Strategy is a major European Commission wide policy initiative which will be presented and discussed during the Bioeconomy Conference on October 22, in Brussels, Charlemagne building.
The conference will celebrate the launch of the updated EU Bioeconomy Strategy and action plan to enhance the transition in a changed EU policy context and towards a new environmental, social and economic reality. It will also set the scene for the start of the discussion about synergetic actions across different priority areas:
- support strategic research and innovation, and strengthen support for education and training,
- upscale the bio-based sectors, mobilise investments, support the creation of markets, develop better monitoring,
- encourage the adoption, update and coherence of national and regional Bioeconomy Strategies throughout Europe with citizens engagement,
- strengthen the understanding and resilience of land and sea ecosystems,
- monitoring and assessment of bioeconomy development
Registration will be opened early September.